Getting started with Consult with Me is a quick and easy process. Watch the video below for a quick overview.
For a complete walkthrough, watch the video or read the instructions below.
Before you set up Consult with Me you will need to download our desktop application or log into our web app from your mac or pc. You’ll be able to consult and fulfill the experience from any device, but the initial setup will need to be done on a desktop.
1. You’ll start by going to your settings and selecting Consult with Me.
2. Connect or create your Stripe account. This is how you will get paid for your membership programs. Stripe will deposit directly into your bank account and handle things like taxes, 1099s, etc.
3. Next you’ll create your Consult with Me sales page where you’ll include a professional title, short bio, and a pitch video.
Note: The default "typical response time" is 24hrs. This can be customized and will be displayed on your landing page.
4. Now you’re going to create your offer(s). You can create as many as you’d like. You can add, remove, and edit your offers at any time. Changes to existing offers will not affect anyone currently using that offer. It will only change for future customers.
You have two options for how you would like to charge customers. You can select from Recurring or a One-Time Fee.
- Recurring offers allow you to charge a recurring monthly subscription for “unlimited” 1:1 coaching. Individual members may cancel their subscription at any time, but recurring offers are meant for programs that run indefinitely like tutoring, mentoring, retainers, lessons, consulting, and coaching.
- One-time fee offers allow you to charge for time-limited access to you in a Volley DM. With a one-time offer you’ll set a price for a specific time duration. Think: micro-coaching or on-demand consulting.
You can also add promo text for each of your offers. This highlighted cell can be used to promote important information like how many spots are available, when your offer expires, or even a limited promo code.
5. Record a welcome video for each of your consulting offers.
This video can be uploaded or recorded within Volley and will be automatically sent when a new offer is purchased. Use this to ask your first question, introduce your service, or set expectations for what the offer experience will be like.
Note: For time-limited offers, the welcome prompt will not count against your time.
6. When someone purchases an offer they will be automatically placed in a DM with you and you will see a green ‘$’ next to their picture along with text that includes what offer they purchased.
With one-time fee offers, you’ll see a little timer at the top of the conversation that indicates how much time is left in the session purchased. Audio and video volleys count toward the time by length (which you can listen to at 2x, of course), text volleys are estimated based on read time, and image & file volleys don’t count toward time.
7. When time runs out, it will show as expired for the client. They will no longer be able to send a volley. The coach/expert will still be able to send volleys in order to add more value or prompt an upsell.
For more information about Consult with Me, visit: https://www.volleyapp.com/consult-with-me